This popular combination class is designed for students to express their individuality through dance. The ballet/tap class introduces young students to ballet and tap through imagination activities and movement. Students will have fun learning dance. Basic ballet concepts & terms will be introduced along with a vocabulary of tap steps. Once a child has reached this age, we will begin to incorporate more elements of traditional ballet technique. Developing strength, balance, coordination and flexibility. By the age of three or four, most children seem to have a special feeling for rhythm, and this is the perfect age to encourage them in it. Students learn though creativity and other fun dance activities.
The goals of these classes include:
- To learn dance fundamentals of space, time, energy, coordination, and rhythm
- To develop classroom skills
- To give them first opportunities to perform, which builds confidence
- To have fun and learn to love dance
- To begin learning basic dance terminology and steps
Students will be introduced to the following and much more:
- Ballet stretches
- Ballet positions
- Children learn dance moves disguised as simply having fun to their favorite songs!
- Ballet walks and basic terminology
- Introduction to tap
- Basic tap skills and sounds
- Rhythm and timing