This class will focus on dancing with a spiritual purpose from the Christian perspective. Movement will be explored through many forms of dance to glorify God. This class typically uses faster and upbeat praise music.
In class students use their bodies to express joy and feel enlightened with the joy they feel within their hearts.
The goals of these classes include:
- To learn dance fundamentals, coordination, and rhythm skills
- To develop classroom skills
- To give them first opportunities to perform, which builds confidence
- To have fun and learn to love dance
- Teaches music appreciation.
- Encourages grace, creative and artistic expression.
- Promotes fitness and cardiovascular exercise.
- Performing teaches organization and responsibility.
- Improves posture, coordination, rhythm, and memory.
- Develops poise and the ability to perform easily in front of others.
- Possible journaling of a particular topic that may have to do with a current event or with a particular book etc.
- Creativity blossomed in different dimensions by using the body to create movement based from words, thoughts and ideas.